Thursday, August 7, 2008

Podcasts

I am finally back to work on my 2.o lessons. Today I listened to several different podcasts on several subjects. It was pretty interesting. I had never before experienced a podcast and only vaguely knew what the term meant. I used both the Yahoo Podcasts and podcastalley.com. I think I preferred the latter.

I checked out a couple vegan-related shows, listened to a library-related podcast, and one about birdwatching. I ended up subscribing to three of them. It was actually kinds of coincidental because the library podcast I chose to listen to was about knowing the changing library patron, and it was hosted by a woman whom I had heard speak (on the same topic) at the ILL conference in Lakewood, CO in May. What a small world. There were several podcasts in the librarycast that I thought would be helpful to me professionally.

I also tried to find a podcast about bicycle maintenance tips, but without any real success. There were definitly bike related ones, but not exactly what I was looking for.

1 comment:

laurenm said...

Beth, thanks for sharing an interesting variety of videos! The 1940's librarian video was very cool -- and I noticed that the Sims are all quite slim. (my first encounter with the Sims).

I think it's a great idea to add A/V content to a library website - there are so many useful things you can do. There are several good library tours I've seen on YouTube.